Top 5 Shawerma spots in Amman
We asked our fans and followers on Twitter & Facebook what their favorite Shawerma spot is in Amman and here are the results:
THIS LIST WAS ORIGIONALLY PUBLISHED IN 2012 & HAS BEEN UPDATED FEBRAURY 2014
We have removed prices from the list due to frequent price fluctuations.
Please let us know where your favorite shawerma is by commenting below!
1. Shawerma Reem (Amman – 2nd circle)
One of the most famous sandwich spots in Amman, often has a crazy line up and is the cause of traffic on the 2nd circle. Shawerma Reem is renowned for their shawerma sandwiches, it’s a tiny store with just barely enough room to go in and order. Almost everyone craving a mid-night meal after a night out wants Reem! We must also note that they sell over 5000 Sandwiches a day. and is one of the very few spots in Amman that got featured in the New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/29/world/middleeast/29shawarma.html
2. Shawerma Day’a (Amman – Abdoun Circle & Jaber Complex, Madina Munawara St, 7th Circle, Jubaiha, Jabal Al Hussein, Taj Mall)
Day’a is another favorite in Amman, their shawerma is wrapped in Shrak bread (thin whole wheat bread) and can be ordered by sandwiches (chicken or beef) or by platters that have meat, veggies, fries or wedges, pickles and garlic mayo. Day’a has 8 different branches in Jordan & one branch in Kuwait. Al Day'a has also opened up in Montreal, Canada and it is rumored that a member of the same family has opened the branch overseas.
Tel: 06 554 0400
3. Deeritna Express (Sweifyeh & Abdullah Ghosheh St.) UNFORTUNATELY DEERITNA EXPRESS HAS STOPPED SERVING SHAWERMA.
Deeritna Express is an extention of Deeritna Catering Company - They are well known for good take out or a quick bite. Their beef Shawerma is super famous & delicious. They also have good chicken shawerma.
For delivery: 065902020
4. Shawerma Al Fares (Amman – Sweifeyeh)
Al Fares claims to be the first chicken shawerma place in Jordan, they opened in 1985 and although they are located next to Karam and again in a street filled with Shawerma places, they are known to be the oldest, one of the cleanest and best shawerma spots in town. They are open from 12pm – 1am (sometimes till 2am)
Tel: 06 581 6630
5. Quarter Moon (Abdullah Gosheh St.)
A horizontally grilled shawerma over coal fire, Quarter Moon offers a delicious chicken shawerma!
Tel: 06 5833225
Other highly recommended spots:
- Joodee (Amman - 2nd Cirlce & Madina Munawara St.)
- Shawerma Al Hatab (Amman - Jabal Al Hussain)
- Kababji Restaurant ( Amman - Mecca St)
- Al Gazal (Amman – Abdoun – next to Crumz)
- Shawerma Kara ( Amman - Sweifeyeh)